Pocket Shift from an Old Sheet: I posted about this briefly over at Refashion Co-op. Now here's the deal with the shift - I dyed the old sheet twice. The first time I used only one bottom of RIT Dye Black, and the cloth turned purple not black. Nice, but not great. So the second dye bath used RIT Dye Dark Brown and a half a bottle of black, and POW! The color punched up nice and rich. I'm happy with it. I added large pockets to the shift, plus I hand-stitched a silk tie around the neckline. The inspiration came from Annekata's page on Japanese tunics, which are simple yet adorable.
Albert 'photobombed' a couple times, for added charm.
|The first dye-bath, and the "pillowcase principle."|
|Purple with pockets pinned, pre-stitched...|
|Albert likes my thrift store Clark's, too... but the dress is unfinished.|
|I hand-stitched the silk tie around the neckline.|
|The shift with moccassins, so comfy!!|
|Now I see that the arms need a bit of work... Oy vey!|