Wednesday, June 12, 2013

from Gnarly Sweatpants, a fetching Black Beret

The black sweatpants are pilled, stretched, and just plain gnarly. What to do but a black beret?!!? I only used one leg, so there's plenty of fabric left to work with later. I took pictures and provide a step-by-step set of instructions for making the beret. Annekata's tutorial taught me how, so you might like to check out her guidelines.
Chopped up the old sweat pants, used one leg only...

To make the two circles, I used a 12" plate & a smallish bowl.

The inner circle was cut out...

Will sew the outside and with right sides together...

I hemmed the bottom of the headband piece...

Right side of headband pinned to right side of inner circle cut out...

Sportin' a sassy little beret now!

Side view

Rear view of the beret...

No comments:

Post a Comment