That said, I am so pleased with the way this luscious peach cake came out that I feel compelled to brag, brag, brag and to share photos & recipe.
PREP THE BUNDT PAN:
- Melt half a stick of butter and pour that sucker into the bundt pan, coating it the pan all over. There should be lots of butter liberally pooled on the bottom.
- Sprinkle a few tablespoons of light brown sugar on top of the buttery bottom.
- Slices of peaches (canned? fresh?) you place on top of the brown sugar.
- Set bundt pan aside.
- Two eggs
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 Tbs. Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 Tbs. vanilla
- Process until you have a thick, smooth, uniform batter. Be sure and use a rubber scraper at least once.
- Add your chopped up peaches (not sliced, but chopped and chunky pieces). Stir into the batter but do NOT process!!
- BAKE at 400º F. for forty minutes. (That's my oven's only temperature...)
- Remove after forty minutes, let sit to cool down for about five or ten minutes.
- While the cake is still warm - nearly hot: That's the best time to turn it over onto its cake plate.
|Rich, carmelized, & chunky peach pieces...|
|OK, so I'm no food photographer, but I do hope you get the gist of the idea!!|