Thursday, June 20, 2013

Taking it all off!

It's 85º F. outside and by golly, I need a sundress. This thrifted blue denim dress with the pin-tucks came down to my ankles, fercryinoutloud! And it's been in my closet for a decade, no less than, anyway... so what on earth could be done to improve this Blue Bad Boy? Let me take off the bottom, a full 11", and we shall take it from there. Well, I adore the way it came out! I don't think it needs anything else (though I was considering bleaching a section for the "ombre" effect). What do you think?


Whaddyagonnado?!!?

Look at all this cloth!

Chalk marked 11" from the bottom to slice.

Sewed a double hem, nice & neat...

Above the knee & cute!

Hello to you from me & my sun-dress!


4 comments:

  1. Would look cute with leggings, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so cute on you! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is cute. Too short for me, though. =) I would add a pretty ruffly lace slip underneath and let it peek out a few inches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks fabulous! I also think it would look great with leggings. Belted over a pencil skirt would be cute too.

    Christiana
    sewamusing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete