Monday, April 15, 2013

Making A Two-Tone Prairie Skirt

A friend known since second grade is like my sister: "Miss Jenny" lives in a huge country house in the Heldebergs and I'm just starting to recuperate from the weekend. No booze - I don't drink, never have - instead, we spent the time cooking and eating. Have you ever tried reading a book with lots of tiny print and multi-syllabic words? Never mind the book I was catching up on had one page of footnotes for every page of text: I was reading the excellent and worth-the-time book The Open Society and Its Enemies by Sir Karl Popper. Do you have a list of books you "mean to" read but never do? I finally pushed myself...
And now, on to the Two-Tone Prairie Skirt project:

Thrifted knit skirt: BLAND!



Chopped the legs for another skirt's inserts - See HERE








Elastic removed from waist of knit skirt


Iron the fold-overs on both parts of the skirt...

snipped the sides & pinned




Whirring away at the refurbished beloved Singer!
WAY too long!
FYI: 5'5", 140 lbs.
No diets, because I refuse
to starve myself
Sporto granny boots with 3" heels
& the skirt is still too long!

2 comments:

  1. 5'5 and 140 lbs doesn't need to starve herself. Good, healthy size. Cute skirt, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karin,
      Thank you very much - weight is always a worry for me. Hello, chocolate!
      Best,
      Rachel

      Delete