Monday, April 22, 2013

Upcycled maxi to top

You know, I cannot seem to break my depression. The Abilify fattens me - so far I've gained a whopping ten pounds and I'm up to 150 from LAST WEEK. This is NOT acceptable. It's bad for my blood pressure, which goes up with weight gain (not rocket science). Time to quit Abilify because I won't be able to fit into my clothes if I keep taking it. Damn it all, the Abilify works but there is this trade-off, which just isn't worth it. Maybe with the Springtime sunshine the depression will lighten on its own. We shall see...

This was a VERY quick and easy 'upcycle'. The word works better than "refashion" because the maxi-dress was truly trailer-trash tent-like. So it classes it up a bit, chopping it at the waist and hemming the top. The bottom part I've set aside for another skirt, which I'll write about at a later date.

A lot of fabric from one chop: a top & a skirt

Pressed & pinned the bottom hem

  • Upcycled sleeveless top 
  • Goodwill Garnet Hill jeans skirt
  • Goodwill red suede loafers
  • And a goofy smile! 

1 comment:

  1. While reading about nutmeg and strange reactions to it, I am across a cookie recipe with an intriguing name " Cookies for preventing sadness." I share here: http://indeliblemouse.blogspot.com/2013/01/happy-cookie.html

    I found that after eating 3 cookies a day for 11 days, I was getting more done, was fixed in place. i actually started things intead of deciding they were too much trouble.

    ReplyDelete